Skip to main content

Nightmares

⚠️ Trigger Warning ⚠️ -abuse, trauma, rape 

I'm 16 or 17 years old. I'm not in school, so it must be on a break. The weather is mild, not too hot, not too cold. Storm and his mom are kicked out of their apartment, and waiting for a duplex to become available for move in. So they decided to stay at a camp ground. Storm wants me to come with them. So I do. We share a tent with his mom at nights, but during the day she leaves us alone at the camp ground while she works. I want to do anything but go in to the tent alone with him while his mother is gone, but he makes me feel like I have to do what he wants me to do. It's the least I could do in exchange for him loving someone as ugly, stupid, and unlovable as me. So we go in to the tent. I feel him gently tracing the letter o over my skin. Then suddenly, I can hear the traffic sounds outside my apartment, and cheering from the nearby football stadium. Did I fall asleep? Was it just a nightmare? Logically I know I'm not in that tent anymore, yet I'm still too afraid to open my eyes... Because what if it wasn't just another nightmare? What if it's happening again? Then I feel my cats whiskers brush my face. I hear the gentle sounds of purring in my ear. I open my eyes, tears running down my cheeks. It was just a nightmare. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PTSD vs CPTSD

I have CPTSD. SO, Let's talk about Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), and Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (CPTSD) and what the difference is.  As the name implies, PTSD and CPTSD, are mental illnesses that develop due to traumatic experiences. While they share some features, one of the main differences between PTSD and CPTSD is the trauma that causes the disorder. PTSD develops as a result of one to a few traumatic experiences. For example, a car accident or an assult. CPTSD develops after chronic, repeated traumatic experiences, like repeated child abuse/sexual abuse, or repeated relationship violance/rape.  Types of flashbacks  Visual flashbacks are what most people think of when we're talking about flashbacks. But the other types of flashbacks can be a bit more difficult to understand unless you've experienced them. During  Somatic flashbacks a person will relive the trauma via    physical sensations, such as pain, tha...

My trauma is my fault

⚠️ Trigger warning ⚠️- abuse, trauma, rape My trauma is my fault. There is this huge disconnect in my brain between what I know to be factually true (or false) and what I think and feel is true (or false). My trauma is my fault.... Logically I know this is untrue; no one deserves to be raped and abused. If someone else were telling me that they felt like their trauma was their fault, I could very easily tell them that it's not, that no one deserves trauma, and give them evidence to support that their trauma is not their fault. But I'm different. I don't know why, but I'm different. I've always been different and will always be different. I didn't tell anyone that I was being abused... I wasn't clear or explicit enough for people to understand that I wasn't comfortable with what they were doing to me... I let it happen...I feel like my trauma is my fault.... So, my trauma is my fault.  This is by no means the only negative, unwanted, intrusive, automatic ...